Serato Stats - quick progress report!
Here’s a quick recap:
- The Stats app is built on the same ’simple event’ framework as the API & utilizes an Async event hub to concurrently process session files
- Created 2 new API services to allow locating and loading/parsing of Serato session files
- parsing a large number of files can take a bit of time (350 files took me roughly ~5 mins on my 12” macbook)
- Added useful ways to filter session files by: age (e.g. not older than 1 year), size, max
- Loader service will also save parsed sessions to disk (on Mac defaults to /home/[USER]/.sslapi/SeratoSessionsLoaderService.data
- Speeds up follow-on usage by not having to re-parse sessions again
- NOTE 1: data will be overwritten and possibly have to be re-parsed when given different load parameters. Will be fixed in later release.
- NOTE 2: 350 files take up roughly ~12mb
Also implemented and tested the following “stats” capabilities:
- "Top Artists played"
- will tabulate and compute the artists most played up to a customizable limit (e.g. top 50)
- NOTE: no comprehensive normalization of artist name has been attempted (yet). So for example, ‘snoop’ or ‘snoop Dogg’ will not be counted as the same artist.
- "Top Songs played"
- Similiar to ‘top artist’, will display the most songs played ordered by play count (most to least)
- "Top Songs by Artist"
- Most songs played by a given artist name